St. Columbans Mission Society is committed to working with the poor in many countries throughout Asia, Latin America and the Pacific. With the help of good friends like you we have been able to reach out to these people to bring them the blessings of our faith.
Many struggle to meet their basic needs in health, education and housing because of living in countries that suffer from serious poverty, political unrest and severe climate change problems. As their pastors and friends we have shared their joys and struggles. Their lives have been improved and enriched by the generous efforts of compassionate friends like you.
You have enabled Columban missionaries to be present with people in times of great need. Through them you have been a friend to victims of earthquakes, floods, war, political oppression and crushing poverty. Through these missionaries you have also helped give them the Gospel, spiritual support and hope.
Many of our friends have discovered a new way to ensure that Columban missionaries and their people are supported for a long time to come. They are including St. Columbans Mission Society in their wills. Perhaps when you are making or revising your will you, too, could remember to include St. Columbans Mission Society.
Your goodness will live after you. We and the people we serve will be in your debt. I pray that the Lord of all, rich and poor, will bless you and your family and friends abundantly.
Fr Gary Walker
Australia & New Zealand
Who are the Columbans?
The Columbans are a missionary society (not a religious order) of priests who work in cooperation with Columban Sisters, associate priests and lay people in 15 countries: Australia/New Zealand, Brazil, Britain, Chile, China, Fiji, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Taiwan and the United States.
St Columbans Mission Society
It is our mission to:
- Cross boundaries of country, language and culture to establish the Church among peoples who have not heard the Gospel.
- Help Churches mature until they are able to evangelize their own people.
- Promote dialogue between Christians and those of other religions.
We are focused on:
- Dedication and commitment to helping local churches to be more missionary.
- Helping to promote partnership between the Australian and New Zealand churches with overseas local churches, especially where Columbans are working.
- Using our resources and energy in developing laity for global mission.
- Especially concerned with churches and China, Christian/Muslim relations, and work in areas of peace, ecology and justice.
Your generosity will help us continue our work in:
- Bringing God's saving message to non-Christians and show our love for Christ.
- Preaching the Gospel within other cultures.
- Promoting communication and understanding between Christian and non-Christian traditions.
- Developing self-improvement programs with the poor and the oppressed.
- Educating for justice and peace.
- Actively working towards responsible care for the whole of creation.
Should you wish to remember St Columbans Missionary Society in your will then the following words are appropriate:
I give devise and bequeath to the Superior for the time being of St Columbans Mission Society the sum of
$ .......................... for the use of the said Society.
We recommend that you seek legal advice when updating your will.
Please contact us for any further information or queries on email@example.com or give our office a call on 03-9375-9475.